2011 Baby Count

February 16 - one ram lamb to Dorothy
February 13 - one ewe lamb, one ram lamb to Emma
January 29 - twin ewe lambs, to Mabel
January 5 - one ewe lamb, Flora, (bottle fed) to Cathy Gale


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Today, Emma's a grandmother!

Emma's only ewe lamb (before the one born last Sunday) just had her first baby this afternoon - a little ram lamb. Only one, but that's good for a first-timer.

Mom's name is Dorothy, and her little lamb is almost completely white, except for some black around his nose and mouth. I didn't see him being born, but I went to put some spare honey out for my bees and there he was. I didn't have my glasses on so at first I couldn't tell what the white thing was laying in the grass. He's our least colored sheep yet!

Since I mentioned them - my bees are going nuts over the warm weather we're having. I put a gallon of sugar syrup out for them on Saturday afternoon and my Tuesday afternoon it was all gone. And they're a little aggressive right now - especially if you are consuming or recently consumed something sweet. This afternoon at least a hundred bees were buzzing around the chicken feed. It's mostly ground corn and the bees are after the corn sugar. So I had some old honey hanging around and took it out to them as a bribe to leave the chicken feed alone!

2 comments:

  1. I found you Heather. I hope you'll start posting soon. Great pictures. (HEN HAVEN)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I thought your blog was Wilmoth Farms Blog, theirs is under Ky Farm also. I didn't realize that when I posted above but glad to have found yours too.

    ReplyDelete